The British Columbia Lions Society for Children with Disabilities has been registered as a charitable organization since 1952. You may also know us as the Easter Seals People. Under both names, our mandate is to support children with disabilities throughout British Columbia.
We are dedicated to enriching the lives of children through a renewed focus on "helping to give children abilities." We are committed to doing all we can to enhance the lives of children with special needs. Our vision for the future is to continue building, not only specialized services and facilities, but challenging young hearts and minds as well. Giving children with disabilities self-esteem, self-confidence and a sense of independence is what we are all about.
This level of commitment to children with disabilities and their families requires patience, determination, courage and of course, significant financial support. We rely heavily on our special events and appeals to meet our annual operating budget of $7.48 million. All funds raised stay in BC and fund the following programs and services:
- Easter Seals Camps - Camp Shawnigan, Camp Winfield & Camp Squamish
- Easter Seals Houses - Victoria, Vancouver & Prince George
- Easter Seals Bus Transportation - in communities all over BC
- Patient Care Grants - for therapeutic equipment, prosthetics, transportation and accommodation
- Bursaries & Scholarships - for students with disabilities
For information on BC Lions Society and Easter Seals camps visit www.lionsbc.ca.